Hemophilia did not find place on the priorities of health authorities. The facilities for its patients were hardly available in Government or even in private hospitals. Lack of treatment facilities motivated the hemophiliacs to get organized and set up these on their own. Hemophilia Society [Delhi] was thus formed as a non-profit organization with a dedicated team of volunteers including hemophiliacs during 1987, to provide care to persons with hemophilia. The Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, Income Tax Act and Foreign Contributions Regulatory Act.
Our Society’s objectives are -:
· Locate undiagnosed persons with Hemophilia
· Educate, guide and disseminate information about Hemophilia
· Provide care at an affordable cost.
In order to achieve the above and provide comprehensive care to all hemophilics under one roof, our Society runs its own Care Centre in the Lions Hospital premises. It has its own
· Well equipped laboratory for diagnosis of hemophilia and related problems.
· Medical facility with trained medical and paramedical personnel like hemotologist, orthopedic surgeon, laboratory technician, physiotherapist and psychologist.
· Society runs a daily OPD
· More than 1000 Persons with Hemophilia (PWH) are registered with this Society.
The following facilities are provided FREE to our hemophilic patients.
· Provides Anti Hemophilic Factor at a cost basis or even free to poor people.
· Educates persons with Hemophilia, distributes educational material free f cost.
· Supports persons with hemophilia who have unfortunately contracted HIV.
· Conducts surgeries in persons with hemophilia with orthopedic problems.
· Provides support for weaker sections for their hospitalization.
· Organizes Carrier Women and Youth Camps and events to inculcate self help groups.
Hemophilia Society Delhi Chapter
Lions Hospital & Research Centre,
New Delhi, India
Telephone – 91-11-2692-9281
Email – email@example.com